Home Burglary Statistics for Little Elm, TX
Little Elm, TX we've compiled home burglary statistics to raise your awareness of home invasions - how often they occur, when and where they happen the most and what you need to look out for to see if your home is a welcome target for break-ins.
How many home burglaries occur?
It's estimated that 2,000,000+ home burglaries are reported in the US each year.
It's estimated that a home burglary or break-in occurs every 14 seconds in the United States.
When do most home burglaries happen?
- Most home break-ins occur in the daytime between the hours of 10 am and 3 pm, when most homeowners are at work.
- Summertime is when most home invasions occur. July and August are the two months with the most frequent break-ins.
- February is the month with the fewest burglaries.
Which homes make the best targets?
- Homes without video surveillance systems
- Residences with landscaping hiding the view of doors, windows, patio doors and other entry points
- Homes with the best escape routes
- An unlit home
- A house with mail piling up
- Residences with unlocked doors, windows and garages
- Apartments are just as likely to fall victim to break-ins as homes
What items are stolen the most?
- Thieves look for small, expensive items that are easy to carry and easily converted to cash
- Jewelry, watches, laptops and tablets, guns, digital cameras, small electronics, DVDs and cash
A Look at Percentages
- It's estimated that 66% of all burglaries in the United States are residential or home break-ins
- Homes without security systems are 300% more likely to get broken into
- Roughly only 17% of residences have a security system installed
- 85% of residential burglaries are performed by amateurs (versus professional thieves)
- Police report that only about 13% of home burglaries are clear, due to lack of witnesses or physical evidence
- Around 30% of thieves enter a home through an unlocked window or door
Assess and Take Action
Now that you've seen the statistics, you can assess your home and take action to ensure that your home in Little Elm, TX is protected, starting with installing a high quality video security system which is your first line of defense.
Contact Our Security Experts Today!
Call now at 855-338-8078 to discuss your project. We will provide a FREE security needs analysis -
and will work with you to meet your security needs, and budget.
FREE Needs Analysis!
Fill out the form below and receive a free, no obligation quote from a security expert in Little Elm, TX.